Whilst I don’t eat meat my man, whom I love, does. We enjoy a mostly vegetarian diet, but occasionally he’ll have some meat separately with dinner.
I was recently invited to the launch of a new smallgoods product, Oliving by Hans. This new line of deli inspired meats replaces saturated fat (the bad kind) with olive oil/monounsaturated fats (the good kind).
It means Jackson can enjoy a wide range of smallgood meats such as ham, salami, chorizo, bacon and turkey, with up to 56% less of the bad stuff. Healthy eating is a core interest of mine, so a healthier alternative is something I am interested in, meat or not!
- Pre heat the oven to 200 deg celcius (390 deg f) and wash and scrub your sweet potatoes. You want to clean the skin as you keep the skins on. Once clean, stab a few holes in the potato with a fork and place in the oven for 45 minutes to soften/cook
- Whilst sweet potato is in the oven, dice all your vegetables into very small pieces and set aside. Slice the Chorizo into 1cm thick coin sized pieces.
- In a fry pan over medium heat, fry the Oliving Chorizo for 3-4 minutes or until crispy and hot. Remove and set aside
- In the same pan with a small drizzle of olive oil, cook the corn, broccoli, beans, peas and capcisum and add all the ground spices and mix through. Stir and fry for 5-6 minutes or until all vegetables are cooked.
- Add the chorizo to the mix and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the sweet potato and cut either completly down the middle or cut a slit in the top to stuff your filling into
- You may need to scoop out some potato in order to fit your mixture in otherwise just stuff your mixture into the potato. Garnish with greek yoghurt, chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!
This was delicious, healthy and Jackson really enjoyed the addition of Chorizo.
To celebrate the release of this new line of goods, Oliving by Hans and Coles are giving away 4 x $30 vouchers so YOU can try this product.
To enter the giveaway, like Dancing Through Sunday on facebook and then comment below once liked with your favourite deli meat.
Best of luck and I hope you enjoy this recipe. Have a wonderful day!