This delicious raspberry semifreddo is the perfect Summer dessert or even breakfast… go on! Melbourne has started to do that thing where it gets really hot for days on end so this dessert (and an ice cold Vodka Lime Soda) was my only saving grace this weekend.
For those who were unsure of what a semifreddo is, it’s a light semi-frozen Italian dessert that has the texture of frozen mousse. It’s incredibly tasty. This particular recipe is a healthy option for those who can’t steer away from dessert. I delved slightly a lot from the traditional Italian way of making a semifreddo by using Greek Yoghurt and frozen raspberries and none of the traditional semifreddo ingredients, oops.
Oh well that is what cooking is all about right?
It’s delicious anyway and super healthy so you can get away with having more, which is always good. To serve, decorate with some shredded coconut and fresh berries for one pretty dessert.
What’s your go to summer dessert?
- 1/2 cup coconut cream left in the fridge overnight so the cream separates form water
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup frozen/fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon of rice malt syrup/maple syrup
- shredded coconut and fresh berries for topping
- In a food processor or blender, combine the solidified coconut cream, greek yoghurt, rice malt syrup and frozen raspberries and pulse until combined.
- Remove and place in a freezer safe bowl. Rest in the freezer for 30-45 minutes, remove, scoop, garnish and serve! So simple.