Avocados are loved mashed, cubed and spread on toast. All you need to do is look at Instagram. That’s not breaking news. One thing I did not expect, was to love grilled avocado? WHAT? Grilled avocado you say? Yes, be ready… this recipe had quickly won over my heart and is all I want in the warmer weather.
The avocado when grilled is still really tasty, and the heat brings out this additional layer of creamyness you had no idea was there. By grilling the avocado, you get the most enticing grill marks across its creamy surface.
I couldn’t help but roast some beautifully ripe cherry tomatoes with this meal. Is it just me or does something magical happen inside the oven when you roast cherry tomatoes? They are an absolute favourite of mine and only took about 10 minutes, we like that.
The grilled avocado and roast tomatoes are then served alongside some peppery rocket leaves to balance the creamy avocado. The avo is filled with a paprika spiked greek yoghurt and fresh chilli (optional, of course). A squeeze of lemon is absolutely necessary as is extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
This grilled avocado salad is all about wholesome basic flavours coming together using a creamy vehicle of green flesh ready to lap up all the flavour that surrounds it. The cherry tomatoes burst with lovely sweet juices, the yoghurt and the oil and the lemon juice create the tastiest dressing and the peppery rocket really ties this together.
This grilled avocado salad is so versatile and can be a really healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner. You could even use a few avocados and bring it to a summer BBQ and really start impressing. It’s a fantastic way to really bulk up your serves of vegetables consumed. I’ve just become this recipe’s number one fan.
Have you ever grilled avocado? Or is there another vegetable that you like to grill?
Have a wonderful day, Bec x
If you like this recipe, share it with your friends on Facebook, they’ll owe you one!
- 1/2 avocado, pip removed
- 1/2 cup rocket leaves
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup greek yoghurt
- teaspoon paprika
- juice of half a lemon
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh chilli (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 160 deg cel and pop your cherry tomatoes inside. Let roast for at least 12 minutes until soft.
- Pre-heat a griddle pan over medium heat with a tiny drizzle of olive oil. Place avocado, flat side down on the griddle pan and let grill for 5-6 minutes.
- Whilst tomatoes are roasting and avocado grilling, mix your yoghurt with a teaspoon of lemon juice, paprika and some salt and pepper. Set aside
- When tomatoes are soft and roasty, avocado has been heated through and has lovely grill marks, assemble on a plate with your rocket, yoghurt, olive oil, extra lemon and chilli if desired.
- Coriander would also be tasty on this, if you're a fan.