Hi there everyone, this is Swah from the food and travel blog Love Swah and I’m thrilled to be guest posting on Bec’s lovely blog today!
Strawberries are currently in season in Australia and are super cheap, so I wanted to develop an easy and delicious dessert recipe for you to whip up next time you have guests over. This recipe also works really well with raspberries or blueberries too.
As much as I love making everything from scratch, I don’t mind the odd shortcut. So when I am pressed for time, I occasionally buy store bought tart shells. Shock horror, I know! But when you pair this with a decadent dark chocolate ganache filling and fresh strawberries, your guests will be none the wiser. In fact, they will probably think you’ve been slaving in the kitchen all day!
Oh and you should definitely check out this gorgeous Simple Raspberry Semifreddo Bec recently whipped up for my blog. It’s easy, healthy and beautiful. What more could you want?!
xx Love Swah
(Bec here, just quickly – Swah makes the most amazing desserts and baked goods on her blog – something I’m not fantastic at, so jump on over and have a look)
- 1 packet of 6 store bought tart shells
- 100ml thickened cream
- 100g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- A handful of strawberries
- Icing sugar and edible flowers to decorate (optional)
- Heat the cream up into the microwave until warm (not boiling) and then add finely chopped chocolate, stirring until melted and combined.
- Place tart shells on a tray and pour the dark chocolate ganache into each shell until just full (don’t overfill these babies or your strawberries will go everywhere!)
- Place the tray in the fridge for the chocolate ganache to set, around an hour.
- Chop the strawberries finely and top each tart with them, followed by a light sprinkle of icing sugar and a little edible flower if you so desire.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Visit http://loveswah.com/ for more delicious recipes