Subway cookies. The snack that loves you back. Not really, but they certainly are almost Subway’s most famous menu item, which is impressive given you don’t usually find cookies in sandwiches (brain wave?!).
I decided to try my hand at my own version of somewhat healthy wholemeal raspberry and white chocolate cookies. Subway cookies are great, but not great for you, so this was my attempt at a compromise.
Jackson and I find the working week a bit more bearable if we have home made goodies to snack on and share with co workers however this particular batch didn’t quite make it.. The good intentions were there at least.
These cookies are quick to make and left my house smelling like a raspberry cookie factory. See dream home goals. I used rice malt syrup instead of caster sugar, which added a chewy texture to the cookie. I looove chewy cookies so that was a-okay with me, but if you get half way and accidentally eat the raw dough instead, I don’t blame you.
Try and keep some for your work buddies, but I make no promise they’ll make it through the night (the cookies, not your colleagues..)
What’s your favourite cookie?
If you know a cookie monster, share this recipe with them and hopefully they will re-pay you with cookies.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups plain wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 180 deg cel.
- Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Softened butter is easier (20 seconds in microwave if butter is hard)
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder. Stir in half the white chocolate chips.
- Spoon tablespoons on a tray covered in baking paper.
- Press in the raspberries and chocolate chips (this is so raspberries don't break down batter or make it go weird brown colour)
- Bake 15-18 minutes until lightly browned and cool on a wire rack. My cookies were perfct at 15 minutes on.the.dot so keep an eye on them.
- You can use maple syrup instead of rice malt syrup. Can be stored in airtight container in pantry/fridge.