I’m all about
that bass having simple, impressive recipes up my sleeve. The type that I can run home from work, whip up in no time and take to a friends. I was after a recipe that was simple but still damn fancy; or at least appears damn fancy.
Some other summer salad options:
Pea and haloumi salad with zucchini ribbon & dill drizzle
Roast cauliflower and farro salad
Pearl couscous broccoli salad
So that brings me to question time, whats a meal you’ve cooked lately that’s out of your comfort zone?
Or do you dare to share a simple salad recipe with me?
Have a wonderful day, Bec xo
- 3 washed radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 cups rocket (arugla)
- 1/3 cup shaved parmesan/pecorino cheese
- 1/3 cup walnuts (unsalted)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/4 a lemon
- small clove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon rice malt syrup (or honey/maple) to sweeten
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, crushed salt, pepper and rice malt/honey/maple in a jar/container and shake thoroughly to combine. Set aside
- Wash and thinly slice the radishes (season with salt and pepper), dice the avocado and shave the parmesan/pecorino
- In a large bowl, combine the rocket, radish, parmesan, avocado, walnuts and drizzle with the shaken dressing once ready to serve - enjoy!
- So simple! You can use red wine vinegar or a japanese dressing instead of the lemon dressing.