One thing that has helped me on my quest to better eating is better snacking.
I recently wrote about how to kick that 3pm chocolate bar habit and replace it with something that gives you more sustained energy and nutrients. You can find that here.
This is the same old story, but focusing on nuts. Being a vegetarian, nuts play a very large part of my diet. I need the protein and my body loves the monounsaturated (good) fats they provide.
I often need a little snack in between breakfast and lunch, then lunch and dinner. This is totally normal and okay and as long as you are consuming the right type of snack.
I received a sample of the Lucky Smart Snax range and boy.. it was like Christmas! The range includes a low carb mix, cardio, digestive, power, recovery and womens mix. I was really excited to try these out for my morning/afternoon snacks whilst working.
Each has a different combination of nuts and some have dried cranberries (MY FAVOURITE OMG) and dark chocolate. They also re-seal which is great because I only have a handful every time.
I have 1 x Lucky Smart Snax pack pictured above to give away so keep reading to find out how you could win.
I love love love the chili and lime roasted nuts from Woolworths BUT they are sooo expensive. I decided to make my own so you guys could too. How does that sound? They only took 20 minutes and turned out perfectly, if not better than the store bought ones.
They were the perfect little savory snack and for your chance to win a Lucky Smart Snax pack with 1 x Smart Snax Low Carb, 1 x Smart Snax Womens, 1 x Smart Snax Cardio, 1 x Smart Snax Digestive, 1 x Smart Snax Recovery and 1 x Smart Snax Power; comment below letting me know:
Which Lucky Smart Snax product is your favourite and why?
GIVEAWAY CLOSED – THE WINNER IS JENNIFER
Have a great day, Bec x
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon lime juice (1.5 limes)
- 2 Packets Lucky Smart Snax or mixed nuts
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Pre heat oven to 180 deg cel.
- Pour mixture into a plastic bag with NO holes
- Add the nuts to the bag and coat nuts with the flavouring. I shook gently and massaged the flavor onto all the nuts. It was a sensual moment.
- Spread out on a baking paper lined tray and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye on the nuts to make sure they don’t burn!
- Remove, set aside and let cool completely. They taste weird when hot!
- Once cooled you can store these in an airtight container for up to 10 days!
- This made enough for 1 weeks worth of snacks for 3