Breakfasts Brunch Other Savoury Sunday Brunch at home

Sweet Potato Rosti w/ a fried egg and greens

By now you should know how much I adore breakfast. If youโ€™re new, well I just adore breakfast. I try to mix breakfast up because when I try something new it makes my day just that little bit brighter.

This meal was extremely nutritious and kept me full of energy all morning until 1.30pm. It was fairly easy to make and I kept exclaiming โ€˜ohhhh yumโ€™ out loud.. lucky I was home alone.

Sweet Potato Rosti w/ Fried Egg and Greens         Serves 1

Ingredients:  2 eggs, 1 small โ€“ medium sized sweet potato peeled and grated, handful of spinach, 1 onion and salt and pepper. I also added red capsicum

1. Chop the onion into half moons, heat oil in a fry pan over a medium heat. When oil is hot, add the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
  2. Add the grated sweet potato and mix with the onion for 3-4 minutes.
  3. Once sweet potato has been on a medium heat for 4 minutes, reduce to the lowest heat and get started on your eggs, still stirring the sweet potato occasionally.
  4. Throw in the bunch of spinach on top of the sweet potato for the last minute of low heat if you want it to wilt slightly. If you want fresh, add at end.
  5. Once eggs have been fried, place the base of the sweet potato on the plate, season with salt and pepper and top with the egg! Enjoy

Sweet Potato Rosti 3

You could go one step further and make sweet potato hash browns.. that would require 1 egg and 1 tbsp of flour with the sweet potato, then shallow fry until golden. YUM. I should have made that, dammit.

Have you made this or something similar? Let me know in the comments below.

If you make this recipe, tag #dtsblog on instagram or shoot me a picture on facebook. If you like this recipe, share it on facebook so other people can enjoy it too.

Not for you? Try my Baked eggs w/ Sourdough Soldiers , Breakfast tacosFancy Toast 4 ways or a sweet breakfast

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 17, 2014 at 8:53 am

They are so healthy and simple, do it do it! This took no time ot prepare and wouls be perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

• Reply lucinda September 17, 2014 at 12:59 am

sweet potatoes are my favorite and putting an egg on anything just about makes a dish. this is definitely going on my recipe list of things to make. nom!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 15, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Anytime, thanks for hosting the link up! And yes, a fry up is the way to go. This one’s pretty healthy too

• Reply Amanda @ Cooker and a Looker September 15, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Yummo! Nothing like a bit of a fry up for Sunday breakfast! Thanks for linking with I’m Pinning Around.

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 9, 2014 at 2:16 pm

They are so delicious, cheap and healthy! Win, win & win!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 9, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Naw shucks, thank you!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 9, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Thanks Talia! It was delish

• Reply Kelly @ Trial and Eater September 9, 2014 at 1:58 am

I love sweet potatoes! This breakfast looks right up my alley ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply SimplifyCreate September 8, 2014 at 7:01 pm

This looks so good and you blog pics are amazing too.

• Reply talia September 8, 2014 at 10:41 am

Oh what a good idea! Always looking for some breakfast inspiration. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 8, 2014 at 9:04 am

It could indeed be rosti time! Let me know how you go ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 8, 2014 at 9:04 am

I could have this for breakfast, luunch or dinner!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 8, 2014 at 9:03 am

Give it a go and let me know if they like it! It’s a great way to sneak it into a breakfast.

• Reply Peggy September 8, 2014 at 12:37 am

I’ve never made rosti, I think it’s time!

• Reply Daniela @ FoodrecipesHQ September 5, 2014 at 8:19 pm

I love the idea of sweet potato rosti. A mouthwatering dish! I could have this for lunch as well ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Fairlie September 5, 2014 at 6:54 pm

That does look very delicious. I’m going to try it with the hash browns (except I’ll have to use a gluten-free flour)…as my kids are not big fans of sweet potato normally, but I think they’d go for it fried!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 5, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Oh so easy. I was never a morning person but if I find I make the effort to make something quick but nice it makes it easier.

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 5, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I love eggs so I make them a lot. By the name of your blog I assume you do too. Thanks Shelley!

• Reply shelley @ Bacon Egg & Cheese{cake} September 5, 2014 at 3:35 pm

This looks AMAZING! Your eggs are cooked so perfectly ๐Ÿ™‚ Loving your blog!

• Reply Nicole- Seeking Victory September 5, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Yum. So easy. I am not a morning person but I reckon I might be able to cope with this.

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 5, 2014 at 11:14 am

This could be breakfast for dinner for sure, I like your style. It’s so quick to throw together, too.

• Reply Oddlylovely September 5, 2014 at 10:53 am

This looks so delicious! I’m usually not in the mood to munch much in the morning, but I could see making this for “breakfast for dinner” instead.
    Cat

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 5, 2014 at 10:38 am

I made this recipe again but made the grated sweet potato into a hash brown. I mixed 1 egg and a tbsp of flour then shallow fried it…. even better!!!

• Reply Emma September 5, 2014 at 9:00 am

This looks so delicious!
    You’ve inspired me to try either your recipe or the hash browns this weekend (fried sweet potato, I mean, how could it not be good).