By now you should know how much I adore breakfast. If you’re new, well I just adore breakfast. I try to mix breakfast up because when I try something new it makes my day just that little bit brighter.
This meal was extremely nutritious and kept me full of energy all morning until 1.30pm. It was fairly easy to make and I kept exclaiming ‘ohhhh yum’ out loud.. lucky I was home alone.
Sweet Potato Rosti w/ Fried Egg and Greens Serves 1
Ingredients: 2 eggs, 1 small – medium sized sweet potato peeled and grated, handful of spinach, 1 onion and salt and pepper. I also added red capsicum
- Chop the onion into half moons, heat oil in a fry pan over a medium heat. When oil is hot, add the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the grated sweet potato and mix with the onion for 3-4 minutes.
- Once sweet potato has been on a medium heat for 4 minutes, reduce to the lowest heat and get started on your eggs, still stirring the sweet potato occasionally.
- Throw in the bunch of spinach on top of the sweet potato for the last minute of low heat if you want it to wilt slightly. If you want fresh, add at end.
- Once eggs have been fried, place the base of the sweet potato on the plate, season with salt and pepper and top with the egg! Enjoy
You could go one step further and make sweet potato hash browns.. that would require 1 egg and 1 tbsp of flour with the sweet potato, then shallow fry until golden. YUM. I should have made that, dammit.
Have you made this or something similar? Let me know in the comments below.
If you make this recipe, tag #dtsblog on instagram or shoot me a picture on facebook. If you like this recipe, share it on facebook so other people can enjoy it too.