Herb Garden Spring Things to do

My little herb garden – Week 2

Hey Guys, last week I wrote a post on How to Plan a herb garden for a small apartment/balcony. If you’re after the information on planning, the post is here.

This week I am sharing the exciting weekend I spent bringing my herby plans to life!

Bunnings 4

Bright and early Saturday morning Tessa, Casi and I drove to Ikea and Bunnings. How lucky am I to have friends to help me?! Together we fulfilled my little shopping list of herbs, pots, soil and all the stuff I needed to start growing delicious herbs at home.

Bunnings 5 7

I have created another PDF for you guys with my shopping list I, some tips I learnt from the handy guys at Bunnings and how to re-pot the plants properly.

Herb Potting 2

Herb Potting 4

Herb Potting 6

Jackson and I then spent the Sunday re-potting the herbs and getting soil everywhere. They say gardening is good for the soul and I would have to agree with that, we had a lovely day.

Herb Potting 7

This is the finished product for now.. Let’s see if I can keep these herbs alive and if I can I will move onto bigger and better things.

If you would like a copy of the PDF for planning, purshacing and re-potting these herbs then sign up to my mailing list and I will shoot you over a copy.

*Don’t worry.. I’m not a spammer! I am building a mailing list so I can share a monthy newsletter with everyone with meal plans, recipes, cooking tips and food inspiration direct to your inbox every month, promise!*

Have YOU got herbs growing in your garden? Do you have any tips you’d like to share with a newby to the green thumb way of life?

If not, what herbs do you love to cook with?

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 23, 2014 at 10:11 pm

I fully didn’t see this – sorry Vicki! They are happy so far… time will tell!

• Reply Vicki @ Knocked Up and Abroad September 12, 2014 at 11:07 pm

How neat is that?? Turned out super great! Hope they’re happy little herbs 🙂

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 11, 2014 at 9:26 am

Thankyou Margaret – I just love it. Making lasagne tonight featuring some fresh basil.

• Reply Margaret September 11, 2014 at 5:18 am

Wow, your herb stand is amazing. I like to plant herbs and have a fresh supply through the winter.
    Have a nice day.
    Margaret

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 10, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Aw thanks Emma, I coouldn’t imagine anything less than terracotta. I don’t mind that it dries out a bit quicker. Thanks for tip re: Parsley. I shall keep that little trick up my sleeve. xo

• Reply Emma's Garden Grows September 10, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Your herb stand is so beeeeeeeautiful! Well done on sticking with classy terracotta pots. They never not look good!
    A little tip I have learned with parsley: it loves to grow through pebbles and even cracks in concrete (as mine just goes to seed and crops up wherever it wants to at my house) – so if it doesn’t turn out I say get a handful of small pebbles and cover your soil in your pot with them.
    Good luck! x

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 10, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Thanks Swah :)It’s from Ikea, $49! I am hoping I do not have a black thumb…. I have kept 3 house plants alive through a Melbourne winter so I think I’ll be okay, but time will tell!

• Reply Swah September 10, 2014 at 11:29 am

Ohh I love your herb stand! I went to Bunnings on the weekend and picked up a few herbs… but I have a notorious black thumb so I fear I may kill them shortly. Wish me luck!