Or dinner tacos.. breakfast for dinner is one of life’s simplest pleasures.
I am one of those people who can’t shake an idea once it sparks inside my head. Last week one of those (genius) ideas was to get up on Saturday morning and make breakfast tacos.
I have recently discovered the secret to the perfect scrambled eggs and I think I have mastered that skill.
Combine the best scrambled eggs ever with an array of spiced beans, avocado, fresh lime, pan fried mushrooms, hot sauce if you dare and a drizzle of sour crème and behold, the humble breakfast taco was born.
Breakfast tacos w/ scrambled eggs serves 2
Ingredients: 1 x 400gm tin of mixed beans/Mexi Beans, 1 tomato, 1 bunch of spinach leaves, mushrooms, 1 clove of garlic crushed, 1 lime 3 eggs, mini soft taco wraps/tortillas, taco spice mix *You’ll need 2 fry pans and 1 saucepan for this meal
- Prep the cold stuff. Rinse and dice the tomato, rinse the spinach and have ready to serve. Chop the mushrooms and set aside. Drain and rinse the beans (unless they are pre flavored beans – drain but do not rinse)
- In fry pan #1 over a medium heat, place a drizzle of olive oil and the crushed garlic. Fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and stir the garlic through. Let them cook on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until cooked to you liking.
- Whilst the mushrooms are cooking, get the beans going! Over a medium heat, stir the beans with the taco spice mix. Stir mix through thoroughly and heat beans through.
- Turn both mushrooms and beans to the lowest of heat and let stand whilst you cook the eggs.
- Make the scrambled eggs in fry pan number 2, and once the eggs are done, serve all with warmed tortillas/soft taco wraps and your fresh toppings.
This is a fun breakfast because you can set the table with all the delicious fresh components of this meal and everyone can arrange their own.
These were so delicious and refreshing for a slow Saturday morning breakfast. The sun was shining through our window and we sat there scoffing tacos, silent due to the full mouths.
Who here is a fan of breakfast tacos? Raise your hand (in the comments below of course!) Is there anything else you would add?
If you like this recipe, please feel free to share it on facebook. If you make this recipe, tag me on instagram! #dtsblog
I love it when I see people cooking off my blog, it makes me smile a big cheeeeeesy grin.
Have a wonderful day, Bec xo