Brunch Sunday Brunch at home

Breakfast Tacos w/ scrambled eggs

Or dinner tacos.. breakfast for dinner is one of life’s simplest pleasures.

I am one of those people who can’t shake an idea once it sparks inside my head. Last week one of those (genius) ideas was to get up on Saturday morning and make breakfast tacos.

I have recently discovered the secret to the perfect scrambled eggs and I think I have mastered that skill.

Combine the best scrambled eggs ever with an array of spiced beans, avocado, fresh lime, pan fried mushrooms, hot sauce if you dare and a drizzle of sour crème  and behold, the humble breakfast taco was born.

Breakfast tacos w/ scrambled eggs            serves 2

Ingredients: 1 x 400gm tin of mixed beans/Mexi Beans, 1 tomato, 1 bunch of spinach leaves, mushrooms, 1 clove of garlic crushed, 1 lime 3 eggs, mini soft taco wraps/tortillas, taco spice mix  *You’ll need 2 fry pans and 1 saucepan for this meal

1. Prep the cold stuff. Rinse and dice the tomato, rinse the spinach and have ready to serve. Chop the mushrooms and set aside. Drain and rinse the beans (unless they are pre flavored beans – drain but do not rinse)
  2. In fry pan #1 over a medium heat, place a drizzle of olive oil and the crushed garlic. Fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and stir the garlic through. Let them cook on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until cooked to you liking.
  3. Whilst the mushrooms are cooking, get the beans going!  Over a medium heat, stir the beans with the taco spice mix.  Stir mix through thoroughly and heat beans through.
  4. Turn both mushrooms and beans to the lowest of heat and let stand whilst you cook the eggs.
  5. Make the scrambled eggs in fry pan number 2, and once the eggs are done, serve all with warmed tortillas/soft taco wraps and your fresh toppings.

Breakfast Tacos w eggs 3

This is a fun breakfast because you can set the table with all the delicious fresh components of this meal and everyone can arrange their own.

These were so delicious and refreshing for a slow Saturday morning breakfast. The sun was shining through our window and we sat there scoffing tacos, silent due to the full mouths.

Breakfast Tacos w eggs 5

Who here is a fan of breakfast tacos? Raise your hand (in the comments below of course!) Is there anything else you would add?

If you like this recipe, please feel free to share it on facebook. If you make this recipe, tag me on instagram! #dtsblog

I love it when I see people cooking off my blog, it makes me smile a big cheeeeeesy grin.

Have a wonderful day, Bec xo

• Reply Malinda @mybrownpaperpackages October 9, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Oh my, I would love this for breakfast on the weekend, on the back deck in the sun with endless coffee. 😀

As guest co-host I’d like to say a big thanks for linking up to #FabulousFoodieFridays this week

• Reply Lauren @ Create Bake Make September 11, 2014 at 3:11 pm

I love your thinking, it doesn’t matter when you eat breakfast food it’s always good!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 28, 2014 at 4:47 pm

I’ve heard of SL’s- I must give them a go!

• Reply Katie August 28, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Yum! Another weekend cooking task. If you’re feeling lazy Stagger Lee’s do super tasty breakfast tacos with fried eggs.

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 28, 2014 at 10:58 am

Hashbrowns would make it 100% Perfect. Great idea! Next time I’ll be adding HB for sure. Thanks Cat!

• Reply Oddlylovely August 28, 2014 at 10:51 am

A woman of my own heart! I make tacos all the time. Breakfast, lunch, dinner – doesn’t matter. Avocado is a must, but if I’m feeling extra indulgent I’ll add hashbrowns (or potatoes) and bacon. Yum!
    Cat

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 28, 2014 at 6:59 am

I would love that. I’m typing this as I tuck into a piece of toast..

• Reply Ashley August 28, 2014 at 1:12 am

I actually want to eat this every morning for the rest of my life. Great photos!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 27, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Mushrooms are epic!

• Reply vegeTARAian August 27, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Great idea! For me I’d replace the egg with loads more mushies, because I’m nutty for shrooms.

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 27, 2014 at 10:37 am

I feel like I’ve nailed it! I would defiantly like to try his though. Let me know how they go if you make them xo

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 27, 2014 at 10:36 am

Anytime – let me know when you do! I love hearing how people find them x

• Reply Pearl/Pretty Mayhem August 27, 2014 at 8:02 am

My friend Michael makes delicious scrambled eggs but I reckon you’d give him a run for his money – those eggs look SO GOOD!I think I’m going to make these for breakfast on Sunday too…

• Reply karla August 26, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Yummy! I know what I’m making for Sunday breakfast. Thank you 🙂

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 25, 2014 at 8:52 pm

It is delicious – I can appreciate chorizo for sure. I used to fry it with lemon when I wasn’t veggie. mmmmmmmmmm

• Reply Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella August 25, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I’d be a big fan of these tacos I think! I might add chorizo but only because I love the stuff 😛