Italy Travel

Wanderlust – an update

July 9, 2014

I have had such a great time with my family. Driving on the opposite side of the road has been a challenge however Mum has pulled it off spectacularly with only 5 beeps so far! If we make it from Paris to Rome without 10 beeps we will be happy campers.

saving money when traveling

Cinque Terre is an amazing little part of our world and you can bet I have only eaten croissants, gelato, pizzas or pastas for the last few days. I am going to have to sort that out when I get home!

IMG_6867

Italy has always been somewhere I have felt oddly at home – do you ever get that? This feeling almost of familiarity and memories when in fact it’s only a place I have visited a handful of times.

IMG_6997

I booked our accommodation on airbnb, in a medieval watchtower built in 1146 overlooking Tuscany and I could not have asked for a better place to show my family the Tuscan area. Not to mention the oldest thing we have ever slept in! We walked down to the local ‘Alimentari’ (food in Italian) and bought all the products the lady recommended and ate it whilst watching the sun set. Perfection!

IMG_6893

What a way to travel hey? I have eaten a horrible amount of pasta and cheese and drank wine every day (eep) but hey, work hard play hard! (Yes I said that!)

IMG_6982

Congratulations to Piper who won my giveaway!  A yummy candle coming your way πŸ™‚

I have been stocking up on goodies for my kitchen and a few pressies for loved ones at home, and have found new inspiration for many meals to make. Watch this space!

xR

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 5, 2014 at 9:32 am

Thank you Maria, for your kind words! and yes, I’m very lucky! x

• Reply Maria August 5, 2014 at 1:23 am

What a dreamy life you live….. Your blog is looking GREAT!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday July 22, 2014 at 10:16 am

I completely agree, re: Italy anyway! Thank you for your kind words and making me feel better about the 10kg’s of cheese I ate!
    xo

• Reply Emma July 22, 2014 at 8:12 am

Europe, particularly Italy, is all about the food. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful country but the food!
    Your blog is wonderful and your photography is beautiful also! I’d give anything to travel through Europe again πŸ™‚
    And there is no such thing as too much pasta, cheese or wine! πŸ˜‰

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday July 20, 2014 at 7:48 am

That is SO TRUE about the warm welcome, with all the Ciao Bella’s and what not it’s impossible not to feel welcome and at ease. Great point Colette, and thank you for your kind words. <3 I hope you can make it back there with your man one day x

• Reply Colette July 19, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Wow! I am seriously jealous. I am loving all your pictures and hearing about your experiences. I hope you have the best time. I don’t know you personally but I follow your blog, so I feel like I can say that you deserve to have a great time. You seem like a lovely person who takes the most out of life. Go girl.
    I love Italy and I too feel do at home there. I think it is the warm welcome you get. It makes it feel like home to me. I would live to go with my husband one day when our son is grown. I spent two weeks in Italy and did not want to leave.
    Cheers,
    Colette

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday July 11, 2014 at 2:04 am

Its everything you mentioned plus more! I’m glad you understand πŸ™‚ and yes, your are right! Thank you xo

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday July 11, 2014 at 2:04 am

Yes, I couldn’t have said it better myself! At peace, perfect feeling. <3 x

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday July 11, 2014 at 2:02 am

Haha I told that my brave mum who drove that and she laughed!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday July 11, 2014 at 2:01 am

haha, Thank you!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday July 11, 2014 at 2:00 am

What a perfect way to remember Italy!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday July 11, 2014 at 2:00 am

Thank you Carmen! It was just idyllic!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday July 11, 2014 at 1:59 am

Thank you! Sorry about the itchy feet – I understand the feeling! x

• Reply lucinda July 11, 2014 at 1:33 am

i totally know what you mean about feeling at home at place like that – maybe it’s all the history, or the warm people, or the worldwide love of it’s food, but i can definitely see how italy would feel like home to you.
    oh and don’t sweat all the wine and cheese, i’m sure you’re making up for it with lost of walking and sight-seeing. besides, you’re it’s italy! bon apetito!

• Reply Neatly-Packaged July 10, 2014 at 4:22 am

Stunning photos!! I can get over how beautiful it looks right now πŸ™‚ So happy to hear you are enjoying yourself! The way you feel about Italy, I feel about Paris πŸ™‚ At peace <3 Thank you for sharing!

• Reply MBPaperPackages July 9, 2014 at 8:09 pm

I loved everything about travelling through Italy and the cinque terre is such a beautiful spot. And the food, my goodness, the food! And don’t worry about the beeping, they beep everything.

• Reply Nicole July 9, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Beautiful photos. Just call me Elphaba.

• Reply Fairlie July 9, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Italy is one of my favourite places. I love tthe spread of food and wine in the last pic – exactly how I remember my last holiday in Italy!

• Reply Carmen ☼ July 9, 2014 at 11:27 am

That last photo is like something out of a magazine. It looks absolutely heavenly. Wish I could eat & drink that right about now. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

• Reply Hope July 9, 2014 at 10:10 am

Love the photos, Italy always looks great whatever time of year it is. You’re giving my itchy feet, must get back there. And ASAP!