You may remember Laura from this post here, sharing a recipe for the prettiest berry parfait ever but if you’re a new reader of DTS let me share a little background before I dive into the best cupcakes I have ever seen.
Laura is from the Gold Coast and as obsessed with breakfast food as I am. Honestly, do yourself a favour and check out her instagram. She takes it to a new level! Laura started preparing breakfasts in jars a few years ago and now has found a passion for these beautiful, dainty and delicious breakfast jars. Its pretty much an art form!
She has recently branched out and made the most delicious carrot cake cupcakes, which I couldn’t help but share as carrot cake is my favourite! (Whats yours?) Without further ado..
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Ingredients: 2 and 1/2 cups of spelt flour (or flour of choice) 3/4 cup @theseventhduchess organic coconut sugar, 3tbs agave syrup, 3/4 cup almond milk, 1 egg lightly beaten, 1/2 cup @jtscoconutessence organic coconut oil, 1tsp mixed spice, 3 carrots finely grated, 1/2 cup pecans and 4tbs chia seeds.
- Mix flour, sugar, mixed spice, carrots and chopped pecans in a bowl.
- Make a well in the center then add the milk, egg, softened oil and chia seeds.
- Mix until combined (but do not over mix) bake in muffin tins greased with coconut oil on 180 for approx 25minutes or until gold brown.
- Remove and let sit for 5 minutes before taking out of the tin.
- Place on a rack to cool.
- Frosting is 3/4 cup cane sugar, 125grams of cream cheese, 2tsp lemon rind and 1/2 cup of coconut butter whipped together! Deliciouso!
How amazing do they look? GO LAURA. x