France Travel

A house in the hills – Saint Laurent d’Andenay

July 4, 2014

I had spent a lot of time in Europe previously, my mum let me plan out road trip through France and Italy. Lucky? Yes.

There was 1 spare night and I wanted to go somewhere completly unknown and different so I threw a mental dart at a map of the south of France and unknowingly scored a bulls eye.

House-in-the-hills-1

The tiny village has 200 year old farm houses and a bakery, old wells and full of character and local cheese! Yes please!

I found our accommodation on Air Bnb (which I can’t recommend highly enough) and our hosts made the trip what it was.  We stayed in their newly renovated old farm house and barn in the French Country side, which was surreal.

A house in the hills 10

Of course wine and cheese was consumed, keeping in line with the french culture and all it has to offer. We were staying in the Burgandy provence which is one of the most lucious wine regions on the world.

House-in-the-hills-2

Our hosts graciously invited us into their wine cellar with some friends for merlot and nibbles then took us to see their horses. Anyone know knows my family knows that my sister and mum are horse crazy so to ride horses in the french countryside whilst watching the sun set (at 10.30pm) was a moment none of us will forget.

House-in-the-hills-7

The kindness, hospitality and friendship we received from Sandra and Remy reminded me of why I travel, for little moments like these. I cannot recommend this place enough, have a look at the photos and to book click here!

House-in-the-hills-4

We are having the best time, and I have eaten an illegal amount of cheese, as expected. Where was a place you traveled to that was just oh so special and something you’ll always remember?

You Might Also Like

• Reply Talia October 6, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Oh wow, what a find!! Our place like that which was a bit unplanned & totally excellent was Fussen, in Germany. Amazing little place you should definitely visit if you get the chance!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 15, 2014 at 9:23 am

No Problem, have hte best time. Im so jealous!

• Reply Laura September 15, 2014 at 8:31 am

Thanks for the advice. Looks amazing! X

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday July 11, 2014 at 2:21 am

I am going to do a post on it – I have stayed in about 30 different apartments through Air BnB, I can’t rate it enough!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday July 11, 2014 at 2:20 am

It was amazing! Thank you 🙂

• Reply lucinda July 11, 2014 at 1:28 am

agreed on the whole airbnb thing! i just got back from my first trip booked through them and we loved our hosts and their home!
    that farm house looks lovely and getting to drink wine in your host’s own cellar must’ve been so cool!
    i’m really enjoying follwoing along on your travels!

• Reply Hope July 9, 2014 at 10:13 am

Oh wow, there’s so much charm and character here. Big love! So interesting to hear you booked your accommodation with AirBnB. Seems like everyone is talking about it at the moment, I must look into it.

• Reply Sarah July 9, 2014 at 3:29 am

Wow! I wish I was there right now – seriously jealous.

• Reply Neatly-Packaged July 8, 2014 at 6:19 am

What stunning photos!! I used to live in Germany for almost two years and those are just those precious memories I have 🙂

• Reply Christina @ Mr and Mrs Romance July 7, 2014 at 12:17 pm

That looks divine! We stayed in a cute cottage through AirBnB in Provence and it was such a highlight of our trip too. Looking forward to following the rest of your travels x

• Reply Healing Tomato July 5, 2014 at 5:43 am

What a beautiful place and such lovely scenery! I would love to be there right now.