Cooking Pizzas

2 Ingredient pizza base – greek yoghurt and flour

Yes, you read that right. I made a pizza base with 1 cup of greek yoghurt and 1 cup of self raising flour. I have never made my own base before but saw this recipe and had to try it.

2 ingredient pizza dough greek yoghurt flour

I have always had the fear that making your own dough was hard until I made my own pasta SO when I heard of a 2 step, 2 ingredient (taking 8 minutes) dough recipe, I was onto it!

2 ingredient pizza dough greek yoghurt flour

2 Step pizza dough w/ greek yoghurt and flour– makes 1 pizza to serve 1-2

Ingredients: 1 cup greek yoghurt, 1 cup self raising flour. Seriously.

2 ingredient pizza dough greek yoghurt flour

1. Combine 1 cup greek yoghurt with 1 cup self raising flour
  2. Knead on a floured bench for 6-8 minutes until a ball of dough has formed
  3. Dust ball with flour and roll into a pizza base with a rolling pin (or a round glass bottle – I used my olive oil bottle)
  4. Place on a pizza tray and start topping with your pizza stuff – it will take about 25-30 minutes in the oven to cook (providing its no thicker than 1 inch)

Yes – THAT IS ALL. It didn’t taste weird like greek yoghurt or anything – it was this really nice light tasty pizza base and that is how I am making ALL my dough from now on.

2 ingredient pizza dough greek yoghurt flour

I topped it with cherry and truss tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, pesto and some basil leaves.  I urge you to try this, it is so simple and you know exactly what is in your pizza base plus it’s cheaper.

I did want to try it partially because I didn’t believe for a second it would be that easy. I proved myself wrong and impressed myself at the same time (it sounds like I’m selling a magic bean?!)

2 ingredient pizza dough greek yoghurt flour

PLEASE try this, just for the novelty of making your own pizza base with greek yoghurt? Promise?

If you are after a lighter, crispier base I would recommend making my Moroccan spiced pizza w/ eggplant, rocket, lemon and yoghurt which is also delish.

Has anyone made this before? Or have any epic pizza topping combinations I should try? There is also a sneak peak of my next recipe in the last photo – can anyone guess what it is?

Thank you for reading and have the most wonderful day!

• Reply Mariely July 1, 2015 at 7:52 am

I made the 2 ingredients pizza the other day and it tasted amazing. my husband ask me to make it again for him. Thumbs up.

• Reply Bec July 3, 2015 at 3:52 pm

Thanks Mariely, so glad to hear. It’s so simple!

• Reply anna January 20, 2017 at 5:11 am

Can I use soya yogurt? Thank u

• Reply Bec February 21, 2017 at 11:51 am

Hey Anna, I did some research and I haven’t been able to find anything that says it will work – sorry! Thanks, Bec

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday September 3, 2014 at 9:54 am

It can’t believe it actually worked! Let me know how you get on 🙂 I’ve also heard of people making naan bread from this recipe.

• Reply abby @ thingsforboys September 2, 2014 at 7:45 pm

This looks awesome! I make my own yoghurt, so I’ve always got some in the fridge. Must try this soon!!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 18, 2014 at 8:25 am

Aw really? How far out do you live Nancy? Kinda jealous I’m missing living in a small(er) town at the moment. City life can be hectic! xo

• Reply Nancy @ Neatly-Packaged August 17, 2014 at 3:26 am

No 🙁 I have to go to the bigger cities for that. What a bummer 🙁

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 14, 2014 at 9:34 pm

No! I couldn’t tell at all that it was yoghurt!

• Reply Wendy Doyle August 14, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Hi Bec,
    This sounds totally delicious. I’m sure my son won’t even notice the Greek yoghurt in the base!
    Wendy

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 4, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Oh goodness! I’m not sure.. maybe its the brand of yoghurt? I followed a recipe of 1 to 1 and mine worked fine, I did use an additional 1/4 of a cup or so for sprinkling the bench, rolling it out and keeping it un stuck from my hands etc.. but I’m not sure?! I shall try it again and see?

• Reply Georgia Leake August 4, 2014 at 4:43 pm

I TRIED this recipe and ended up using like 3 cups of flour instead of one…. What’s ya secret lady?

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 4, 2014 at 9:45 am

I know I love greek yogurt too – hence my enthusiam for this recipe. Please do! x

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 4, 2014 at 9:45 am

Thanks Lorraine! It’s different for sure! x

• Reply Daniela @ FoodrecipesHQ August 2, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Oh my gosh, this looks so goooood! I can’t believe it you made it with Greek yogurt. I love Greek yogurt…. I’ll try it and let you know.

• Reply Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella August 2, 2014 at 5:00 pm

What a great recipe! I’ve always used just water and flour but this sounds really interesting 🙂

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 1, 2014 at 5:44 pm

And vegan and dairy free x

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 1, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Do you have soy cheese where you live Nancy? Its not half bad!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 1, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Funny you say that Mia, thats the exact same reason I never made it. It was easier to buy them however now I’m doing this every time! Its fun and I get more satisfaction knowing I made it on my own (but it wasn’t too hard haha..) Perfect balance. x

• Reply mia August 1, 2014 at 5:41 pm

This is so amazing! I’ve never made my own pizza base as all the recipe i found sounded too hard or taking too much time. But i will definitely try your recipe. Can’t believe it’s just 2 ingredients. Well done! I’m pinning this now 🙂

• Reply Neatly-Packaged (@Neatly_Packaged) August 1, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Looks sooooo good!! I miss cheese pizza 🙁

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday July 31, 2014 at 8:21 pm

I love caramelised onion on pizzas, I will be giving this a go for sure! Let me know how you go if you make the dough, hey that rhymes!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday July 31, 2014 at 8:20 pm

I do to! I think thats why I never made my own dough! The probiotics in the yoghurt or something makes it rise, plus its easy as – enough for me!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday July 31, 2014 at 8:19 pm

It was a nice surprise! Let me know if you do 🙂

• Reply Erica Bates July 31, 2014 at 2:49 pm

I’ll be giving that a go for sure! As for an epic pizza topping, a friend suggested I try making her favourite……… Caramelised onion, fresh corn kernels and crumbled blue cheese….even though it sounded unusual i had to try it. I used a lavash bread base and I added some chopped fresh asparagus…….and yes…..it was yummy alright.There’s something about the textures and flavour combinations that just works ….. But of course you must be a blue cheese lover! Next time I will try your greek yoghurt pizza dough with it.

• Reply Nicole July 31, 2014 at 12:38 pm

No way! This is awesome. I have a vendetta against yeast. I will be trying this ASAP

• Reply Caity July 31, 2014 at 11:08 am

Wow! I would have never thought of greek yogurt to make pizza dough! It looks so good, I will definitely have to try this the next time I make pizza!
    must be magic