When I used to eat meat there was this delicious Moroccan lamb pizza I would order sometimes.
I loved it and recently had a thought; “I don’t HAVE to use lamb, I could make this!” Jackson had no choice in what we were having for dinner that night, there was Moroccan Pizza to be had.
I recently bought a Moroccan spice mix which was all I really used to flavor this dish. It was $3 and will last for a long time. It can be used in a dahl, moroccan tagine, on chicken breast or pizza! I recommend you buy some before making this – It’s a welcome addition to our little kitchen.
Ingredients: 1 x medium eggplant, 2 pizza bases (I used whole meal pita wraps for a lighter crispy base), 80gms tomato paste, 1 red onion, 1 capsicum, 5 mushrooms, 4 tbsp of Moroccan spice, 2 handfuls of rocket, 1 lemon and greek yoghurt. I also used about 60gms feta cheese crumbled over the top.
- Dice the eggplant, mushrooms and capsicum into small pieces. Using a plastic bag, fill with the eggplant and mushrooms, drizzle with oil and cover with the Moroccan seasoning. Shake bag so veggies are covered.
- In a fry pan lightly sear eggplant and mushroom mix so its almost fully cooked – this is to ensure its fully cooked when removed from oven.
- Pre heat oven to 200 deg. Lightly spread the tomato paste over the pizza bases leaving a 1cm edge around the whole base.
- Arrange diced capsicum, eggplant, mushroom and red onion rings on the pizzas and place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove for 1 minute, sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and place back in oven for another 3-5 minutes for cheese to slightly brown.
- Remove pizza, top with a dollop of yoghurt in the center and a handful of rocket and drizzle fresh lemon juice from the lemon.
- Serve with extra yoghurt dusted with a pinch of Moroccan spice and lemon wedges. Enjoy
This was my favourite thing I had all week – light, tasty and tangy with the lemon rocket and yoghurt topping. Any thing that includes lemon and rocket is the meal for me.
One was enough to fill me up however Jackson ate 2 and I had one for lunch the next day. I watched True Detective (who’s seen True Detective?! Talk to me!) and had a glass of red wine whilst devouring mine, what a day huh?!
Pizzas are so fun to make, I have been dreaming of having a ‘make your own pizza party’ for a long time now and might just have to do something about that.
What is your favourite toppings to put on a pizza?
If you’re looking for a more indulgent pizza, have a look at my Tomato and Brie Puff Pastry Pizza.
I hope you all have a great day and let me know if you make this!