Stirfrys Top 10 posts

Sticky Eggplant and Chinese Greens Stirfry

I am a sucker for any kind of Asian style recipes (my favourite is Laksa ) so when I saw a recipe for sticky eggplant stirfry, I knew this was something I was destined to make. Whats your favourite Asian dish?

It only took about 20 minutes to make and was perfectly sweet with a kick of chili (optional, of course) and was the perfect early dinner for Jackson and I after a HUGE week of packing up boxes.

Jackson also got these amazing bowls for his birthday from his Mum, I couldn’t hide my eyes lighting up when I saw them (oops..). I have been obsessesed with this colour for a while now and have already ordered some artwork this colour for our new place.. but more on that when it comes.

sticky eggplant noodle vegetarian recipe

Sticky Eggplant and Chinese Greens Stirfry     serves 4 (we had leftovers for lunch)

sticky eggplant noodle vegetarian recipe

We also felt like we needed a dose of greens (I swear they heal me?!) so this was loaded with Chinese Broccoli and green beans. You can add/remove whatever your heart desires in this recipe, I just reccomend roasting the eggplant with my sticky sauce (Recipe below – click continue reading).

Ingredients: 400gms hokkien noodles, 1 large eggplant diced, 1 bunch chinese broccoli, handful of green beans, 1 onions, 2cm grated ginger, 1 chili, some diced spring onion for garnishing, 2 tbsp hoisin suce, 2 tbsp kechup manis, 1 tbsp sesame oil (for frying onion) and 2 tbsp a dark soy sauce/stirfry sauce of your choice. I used a vegetarian version of oyster sauce.

sticky eggplant noodle vegetarian recipe

1. Dice your eggplant and coat in some sesame oil, the hoisin sauce and kechup manis. Bake in the oven at 200 deg for 10-13 minutes.
  2. In a fry pan over medium heat, fry the onion for 2-3 minutes in the sesame oil untill fragrant. Add your ginger, chinese broccoli and beans and cool untill tender.
  3. In a separate pot, cover the hokkien noodles with boiling water, cover and let sit for 3-4 minutes.
  4. Once noodles have cooked, vegetables are tender and eggplant is cooked combine over heat, add the vegetarian stirfry sauce/oyster sauce and mix until combined.
  5. Serve in bowls and garnish with chilli and spring onion (I put sesame seeds ontop top!) Enjoy

Stir frys are so cutomizable and a great way to load up your meal with veggies. It is a cheaper option for dinner, especially if vermicelli or ramen noodles are used (Ramen is next on my to do list – Jacko has been bugging me to make Ramen for weeks)

What do you love to add to your stir fry’s?

• Reply Vicky July 29, 2017 at 6:48 pm

I just found this recipe last week and tried it out. Delicious!!!! I can see this becoming a staple, thank you for sharing it! 🙂

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday August 22, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Thanks Liz! I love them too, the other night I had sweet and sour eggplant (cause I’m veggo) and it was amazing!

• Reply Liz @ I Spy Plum Pie August 22, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Yum! I love Asian inspired eggplant dishes, and this looks deeelish!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday July 5, 2014 at 1:11 am

I will have to try it! x

• Reply Katie July 4, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Oohhh yum. I love ‘sticky’ eggplant dishes (Seamstress do an incredible one!) and this looks simple enough for me to manage!

• Reply Lila June 17, 2014 at 11:30 am

Those bowls are really beautiful but I think the noodles you’ve made really set them off, such a pretty meal!
    Thanks again for joining the link up!

• Reply Daniela @ FoodrecipesHQ June 3, 2014 at 6:27 pm

The eggplant looks so good, I thought you fried it. It’s baked, instead! So this is perfect for me and I’m going to try it. I already have all the ingredients except the hoisin sauce 🙂

• Reply Madeline Vance June 3, 2014 at 2:57 am

This looks so amazing! SERIOUSLY! It’s on my “to try” list 🙂

• Reply Healing Tomato May 31, 2014 at 9:48 am

What a wonderful idea! This is very filling and I like the use of eggplant with a stir fry.

• Reply BlythePonytailParades May 30, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Oh my good gracious yummmmmm!

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday May 29, 2014 at 9:21 am

Yes, So true! Thanks for commenting 🙂

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday May 29, 2014 at 9:20 am

Sushi – YES, pad thai – YES and Green curry ALWAYS – Infact I am going to make a green curry soon, it’s been forever!

• Reply amber May 29, 2014 at 3:16 am

this looks SO good. i love asian dishes. i’m really bad at making them, but i always like to try anyway. my favorite is sushi, pad thai, and thai green curry.

• Reply Amber Roche May 28, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Yum! I love pretty much all kinds of Asian food too. Something about it is delicious while healthy/not so heavy I feel sick after.

• Reply Dancing Through Sunday May 28, 2014 at 2:20 pm

I remember! I made a fried rice because it was your favourite but the pictures looked SO BAD – Mush! I didnt ever post x

• Reply nancy May 28, 2014 at 1:42 pm

My favorite Asian dish has to be shrimp fried rice! 🙂 I always love reading your blog! Thank you for sharing 🙂