I’m now addicted to kale – it is so easy to cook with and after the festive season my body deserves some love. I’m also a sucker for thai food so I extremly enjoyed this.
It’s fragrant, easy to throw together and you can use a variation of any veggies/meat you like!
Kale Pad See Ew Serves 4
Ingredients: 1 packet of rice noodles, 1 head of broccoli, 2 carrots , 200gm mushroom, 1/2 a bunch of kale, 1 onion, 2 garlic cloves minced, 2cm ginger minced/grated, chilli if desired and sesame seeds
For the Sauce – 2 tbsp ketchup manis, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 1/2 tbsp peanut oil
- Slice all vegetables, garlic and onion and fry untill lightly cooked and fragrant
- Cook noodles as per packet instructions. Usually soak in boiling water for 5-8 minutes
- Add kale for the last 5 minutes of cooking so it can soften completly
- Drain noodles and throw in the frypan for 1-2 minutes, stir through sauce. Keep on a low heat, soy sauce burns easily
- Garnish with some bean shoots or spring onion (I forgot those and had to use kale leaves) and sesame seeds
This was quick, amazing and my friend who HATES mushrooms ate it so I say success!